Core Courses in Communication and Media
• COM 303: Video Narrative
• ENG 302: Communication Theory
• ENG 333: Cybertext
• ENG 339: Practical Journalism
• ENG 340: Oral Presentations
• ENG 353: Composing Documents for Print
• ENG 354: Composing Documents for the Web
• ENG 490: Co-op Work Experience I
• ENG 491: Co-op Work Experience II
• ENG 496: Senior Project
• HIST 345: Communication through the Ages
• STS 349: Advanced Music Technology
The Communication and Media program’s Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) stresses the humanistic; the Bachelor of Science degree (BS) stresses the technological. The program entails study in one of five disciplinary areas:
• Literature, with an option in primary- or secondary-school Teacher Certification.
• Media Arts, with possible concentrations in Web Design, Television, Film and Video, Fine Arts, Graphic Arts and Design, and Media Studies.
• Professional and Technical Communication, with an option in Journalism.
• Theatre Arts, with opportunities to study and practice drama and performance.
• Digital Expression, with a focus on producing independent creative work in electronic media.
For list of program faculty and sample curriculum, click here
Queries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Humanities Department, 973-596-3266.