A degree in Theatre Arts and Technology is designed as a stand-alone or as a double major with any other field of study offered at NJIT. The job possibilities cover areas from performing arts and arts development to the career opportunities offered by the additional major, or a combination of both. By using the combined degrees, some career possibilities are: Software Engineer, Story Artist, Theme Park Animator, Technical Director, Producer, Entertainment Technician, Graphic Artist, Designer, traditional theatre areas of work, just to name a few. Course offerings in theatre will be on both the NJIT and Rutgers-Newark campus through the Joint Theatre Program.
Requirements & Specializations
(Requires 126 credits for graduation which include credits with primary major.)
- 33 credits of the lower division General University Requirements
- 12 credits upper division General University Requirements
- 24 credits of applied training Theatre Core Courses
- 12 credits from Theatre elective courses or from NJIT courses from the primary major.
- 21 credits of Theatre Specialization courses, (option of 9 credits pulled from other major that complies with a technology aspect that can be used in applied theatre training.)
- Technical Theatre (stagecraft, set, sound, and light design, stage management)
- Performance (acting, directing)
- Writing for Stage and Media (playwriting, media writing, film or television writing)
- Communication and Media (digital Video, narrative, journalism, documentary)
- Music and Technology (musical techniques, performance, composing electronically)
(36 Theatre credits with double major)